18 May Turn Your Website Into a Marketing Weapon!
A radio station website today is like being listed in the phone book years ago. When they need to know something, more people are likely to go to a website before going to the phone book, a dictionary, or some other printed source. 90% of station website viewers are radio station P1s. Make your station website terrific; it’s your marketing portrait. Consider these observations and necessary website improvements:
- Content is King and instant gratification is important. The Internet is a “give it to me now” medium; people use it for speed and convenience.
- Promote the Address Frequently on-air and provide reasons for listeners to go to it, like weather and traffic updates, song information, breaking news, or a contest entry.
- Social Media. Have active, frequently updated pages on the sites your listeners use most: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- At-Work Audience drives TSL. Create a “Join the At-Work Internet Club” promotion.
- Frequent Listener Club. Create, promote to, and constantly update the database.
- Email the Database. Continually cultivate this important listener group. A typical database should be 8-10% of the average cume; 15% is excellent.
- Home Page. It should load quickly and present a clear view of the station.
- Have an Identity. Make it easy for people to figure out what you do on the opening screen. Don’t make them search through several screens to figure out what you play or to find the section they came to the site to see.
- Listener Benefits. They should be in clear view. Include your positioning phrase, music quantity pledge, morning show name and an example of listening attraction (recent stunt), special features available on the website, etc.
- Music Info. Give the title and artist of the song currently being played, and those played previously over the last hour. Allow listeners a way to buy songs they hear on the air.
Need more assistance to improve your website? The Lund Consultants’ New Media Strategies & Digital Sales Initiatives provides numerous ways to enhance your website and make it worth more to clients.